Effective: December 9, 2017
- The kinds of personal information we collect at our mobile application, and/or website(s), _____________________________
- How we may use that information, and
- Who we may share it with. This Notice also describes how we protect your personal information, and how to contact us to learn more about our privacy practices.
Information you Provide Us
We may ask for some personal information that is required for a certain product or service offered by or through POC. This could include your:
- Date of birth
- Social security number
- Monthly income, expenses, and property you own
- Personal history and related information
We will also ask for some personal information to use our program, set up an account, and email us questions, including your:
- Name, address, zip code, phone, email, job title, workplace
- Username and password
Personal information in messages you send us through our Email Us tool – Information Collected Automatically
Cookies: Our site may use web, HTML5, and Flash cookies. These allow us to identify your browser and remember your information, settings, and your visits at the site. We may also use other types of local storage, such as browser- or plugin-based local storage. Most browsers give you the option of enabling, restricting, and disabling cookies. You can control Flash cookies by visiting Adobe’s FlashPlayer Settings or Settings Manager.
Note: If you disable cookies, you will not be able to use all the features of our website or our web services. That’s because the system needs to remember you to complete your forms and remember the information you provided before.
Our web server log may:
- Collect information about your device, operating system, browser, access domain, and other system settings,
- Identify your system’s language and your country and time zone,
- Record the page that referred you to our site, your device’s IP address, and the pages you visit at our site. To control which servers collect information, we may place tags (web beacons) on our pages. We also may send software instructions to your device that collect details of your interactions with our site, such as the kind of general information listed above.
Analytics: We may use analytic services from other companies, such Google Analytics, to learn how visitors use our site. These services will know your IP address, and they share information with us about how you use our site. Your usage information helps us to:
- Troubleshoot any problems and improve the site,
- Meet our legal duties and comply with policies and procedures, and
- Know if you are a new or returning visitor.
To opt out of Google Analytics, click here.
What We Do With Your Information
The information you provide at our site and/or mobile application may be used to:
- Manage and improve the services we provide and how we communicate with you
- Create and manage your account
- Communicate with you about your account and information at our site
- Process your application(s) and respond to your requests and questions
- E-file documents and information, if you request it
- Customize your experience with the site
- Manage and update our client databases
- Perform data analytics
- Protect against fraud, and manage risk exposure
- Develop new services
If we use your information in other ways, we will notify you when that happens.
Who We May Share Your Information With
We may share your personal information with outside service providers, such as software developers we hire to debug or improve our website, program, and/or mobile application. These providers may only use or disclose your personal information to provide services to us or comply with legal requirements.
Researchers / Data Analysts
We may also share personal information for research, academic studies, data analysis, and reports. Information for these purposes is always aggregated. That means none of the information is linked to a particular person. For example, the data we share may be used to say how many users (not the names of) live in New York. We may also share with others how many people (not who) visited our site.
We do not share information from:
- Small categories of specific information that contain fewer than 5 people, or
- Specific categories of personal information, such as names, Social Security numbers, login and access details.
When Information Sharing Is Required
For some site features, information sharing is required. If you use those features, you will get a separate notice that explains the privacy terms for those features.
For legal reasons– We may share your personal information if we have good reasons to believe we need to do so to:
- Enforce our Terms of Service,
- Protect our rights, operations, or users
- Comply with applicable law, regulation or legal process, such as a court order or subpoena
- Respond to a request from a government agency, such as law enforcement or an investigation of an illegal activity.
- Prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss
If our business structure changes – If we sell or transfer some or all of our business or assets, such as during a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation, we may transfer your personal information to a third party. But that third party must agree to protect your personal information according to the terms of this Notice and as otherwise required under any governing law applicable to the same.
You May Change Your Information
You may change your personal information on the profile page for your account(s) at the site.
How We Protect Personal Information
We have administrative, software, and physical safeguards to protect the personal information you provide at our site against accidental, unauthorized, or illegal access, disclosure, destruction, loss, change, and other illegal use.
To protect Social Security numbers, we limit who may access SSNs, and only allow disclosure for legally allowed purposes.
Links to Other Website
Our site lists links to other website s that are not part of our organization. We list those links to make it easier for you to get information at their site s. We do not have control over the content or privacy policies at those sites. It’s a good idea to look at the Privacy Notices of those websites before you use them.
Please send any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice. You may also contact us about your preferences or personal information you provided at our site. Just let us know you provided that information.